WHILE STOCKS LAST THEN OUT OF PRODUCTION UNTIL APRIL.
Differences between model 5811 and 5811A:
The figures have been updated with detachable shoes and the attachment of the aircraft nose has been improved. The new version has slightly fewer bricks.
- 757 Bricks
- Scale 1:48
- Model dimensions (L x W x H): 38.5 cm (15") x 27 cm (10.6") x 10.5 cm (4.1")
- 2 figures (Maverick and Goose)
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Block stand with printed name of the plane
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Compatible with other leading brands of construction blocks
The COBI F-14 TOMCAT is a unique aircraft model released under the original TOP GUN™ and NORTHROP GRUMMAN license. Legendary film pilot Pete "Maverick" Mitchell and his partner "Goose" fly just such a two-seater. Relive the excitement of TOP GUN by building your own F-14 in 1:48 scale. The model was faithfully reproduced from 757 bricks and includes high-quality prints faithfully reproducing the original markings of the movie aircraft. The model is equipped with movable wings with variable geometry, retractable landing gears and rotating wheels. There is a large arsenal of weapons under the wings. In the cabin you can place both the film aviators, and their seats are even signed (Maverick & Goose)! The figures accurately recreate the appearances of the film's heroes and are equipped with characteristic helmets and oxygen masks. The set also includes an elegant display stand and a plaque containing the name of the plane and the logo of the film. This exclusive licensed set is definitely a great gift idea for every movie, aviation and military fan, regardless of age. The plane also looks perfect in an elegant study or in a teenager's room.
The Grumman F-14 TOMCAT is the legendary American carrier-based supersonic fighter. Its distinguishing feature is the variable geometry of the wings. The fighter was developed and produced by Grumman Corporation. It was intended to defend the fleet by gaining air superiority. It was also used for tactical reconnaissance. Later modifications made it possible to carry bombs intended for ground strikes.
The F-14 entered service with the U.S. Navy in 1972. The main user was the United States. Seventy-nine Tomcats were exported to Iran in 1976, some of which are still in use today. The official decommissioning of the aircraft from the US Navy took place on September 22, 2006. The F-14 TOMCAT fighter gained great fame not only because of its amazing appearance and variable wing geometry, but also because of its being part of the blockbuster film TOP GUN from 1986. The main character of Maverick (Tom Cruise) was an F-14A TOMCAT fighter pilot in the iconic movie!
- Next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All Items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).