- 2417 blocks
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Block with printed name of the ship
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Compatible with other leading brands of construction blocks
Gneisenau was a German capital ship, alternatively described as a battleship and battlecruiser, of Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine. She was the second vessel of her class, which included her sister ship, Scharnhorst. The ship was built at the Deutsche Werke dockyard in Kiel; she was laid down on 6 May 1935 and launched on 8 December 1936. Completed in May 1938, the ship was armed with a main battery of nine 28 cm C/34 guns in three triple turrets. Plans were approved, once construction had started, to replace these weapons with six 38 cm SK C/34 guns in twin turrets, but as this would involve a lot of redesign, construction continued with the lower calibre guns. The intent was to make the upgrade in the winter of 1940–41, but the outbreak of World War II stopped this.
- BrickTanks offers multiple shipping options. Visit the following Shipping page for more details.