DISCONTINUED BY COBI - THIS IS A RARE & MUCH SOUGHT AFTER SET.
Disclaimer:Will be well packaged, but if Cobi box is damaged by courier, we can not replace the box as this model is no longer in production.
Price Matching is not available for Rare & Discontinued sets.
- 280 blocks
- 1 figure: Japanese naval pilot
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Block stand with printed name of the plane
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions (length x width x height): 260mm x 350mm x 125mm
Long-range fighter aircraft operated by the Imperial Japanese Navy from 1940 to 1945. The A6M was usually referred to by its pilots as the "Rei-sen" (zero fighter) - '0' being the last digit of the Imperial year 2600 (1940) when it entered service and this name was also eventually adopted by the Allies. With its excellent maneouverability and very long range, the Zero was considered the best carrier-based fighter in the world at the outset of war. In early combat operations, the Zero was a highly successful dogfighter, with a twelve to one rate of attrition. However, as the war raged on, Allied fighters improved their firepower, armour, speed and maneouverability. Although the Mitsubishi A6M was outdated by 1944, it continued to serve in a front line role until the end of the war simply because there was nothing to replace it. Towards the end of the War in the Pacific, the Zero was used in kamikaze operations. 10,939 aircraft were produced during the war.
The faster A6M5 variant was viewed by many to be most effective version of the Zero.
"...COBI have outdone themselves with another great set and I hope they continue this quality of work well into the future." ~ Jake
- Next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).