The First World Wars fierce battles saw the need to develop military technology beyond anything previously imagined: as exposed infantry and cavalry were mowed down by relentless machine-gun attacks, so tanks were developed.
Here author Craig Moore presents every First World War tank, from the prototype Little Willie, through the French heavy tanks to the German light tank. He gives a focused history of the development of this game-changing vehicle and the engagements it was used in vital battles such as the Somme and Cambrai.
Stunningly illustrated in full colour throughout, Tank Hunter: World War One provides historical background, facts and figures for each First World War tank as well as the locations of any surviving examples, giving you the opportunity to become a Tank Hunter yourself.
About the Author
Craig Moore is a writer and editor for www.tanks-encyclopedia.com and www.tank-hunter.com, a guide to where you can find surviving WW1 and WW2 tanks. He has had an interest in military history since childhood. Eight of his close relatives fought in both World Wars: only six survived. One of his uncles lost a leg when his Sherman tank was hit during Operation Totalize in Normandy 1944. In 2017 he was part of the team that recovered a buried British WW2 Covenanter tank from a Vineyard in Surry. He lives in London but regularly visits tank museums and archives around the world.
- FREE next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).