Matilda II ('World of Tanks') - Lego compatible COBI 3011 - 500 brick medium tank
The British Infantry Tank Mark II, better known as the 'Matilda', was the first British tank fitted with a diesel engine and the only British tank to serve from the start of the war to its end. It also earned the moniker 'Queen of the Desert' after its great success during the battles in North Africa. By the time production stopped in August 1943, about 2,987 vehicles had been made. Though its heavy armour made it a good infantry support tank, its speed and armament was limited. It was replaced in front-line service by the lighter and less costly Infantry Tank Mk III Valentine beginning in late 1941.
The predecessor of the Mark II, the British Infantry Tank Mark I (A11), was armed with a machine gun and had a crew of two. It was also known as Matilda, and the larger A12 with its turret and heavy gun was known as Matilda II, Matilda senior or Waltzing Matilda. When the Mark I was abandoned in 1940 the A12 was known simply as the 'Matilda'.
In the game ‘World of Tanks’ it is a medium tank with superb armour on the fourth level, and this set includes special bonus codes to use in game. The block version has a rotating turret and adjustable cannon, operable trap door, a gun and binoculars.
- 500 bricks
- 1 figure – British infantry soldier
- Block replica of weapon: M1911 pistol
- A sheet of stickers with emblems and inscriptions in English
- Easy to follow instruction manual
- Two game codes (for new and regular players)
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions: 205mm x 120mm x 100mm (length x width x height)