WHILE STOCKS LAST THEN UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- 605 bricks
- 2 figures: American soldier & tank commander
- Block replica of weapon: M16 rifle
- Easy to follow instruction manual
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Dimensions: (length x width x height) 310mm x 120mm x 100mm
Developed from the M48 Patton, the M60 became America's primary main battle tank during the Cold War with over 15,000 built. Entering the field in 1960, it first saw combat with the Israeli Army in 1973 (the 'Yom Kippur' War) and later in 1982 in Lebanon. It was used by Iran in its war with Iraq in the 1980s. Its greatest use by US forces was in the 1991 Gulf War and, by 1997, it was retired and superseded by the M1 Abrams. However, modified and upgraded M60s still continue to be used today in the armies of a number of countries including Egypt, Turkey and Saudi Arabia with over 3,000 units between them.
It is quite an interesting tank, with a 50cal machine gun mounted in a smaller turret on top of the ma
in turret (tanks get a +1 coolness rating per turret they have).
The hull of the tank is nice and chunky and feels very reminiscent of a ww2 heavy tank, compared to the sleek hulls of modern tanks, and the shape of the turret is well captured in the model.
As usual, brilliant service and delivery, I would recommend - but beware, you might become addicted.
Review by Jake on 27 Mar 2021
- FREE next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All Items are well packaged
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).