DISCONTINUED BY COBI - THIS IS A RARE & MUCH SOUGHT AFTER SET.
Disclaimer:Will be well packaged, but if Cobi box is damaged by courier, we can not replace the box as this model is no longer in production.
Price Matching is not available for Rare & Discontinued sets.
- 370 blocks
- 1 figure: RAF pilot
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Block with printed name of the plane
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions: (length x width x height) 305mm x 415mm x 100mm
British high-speed twin-engine multi-purpose aircraft constructed almost entirely of wood ('the wooden wonder' and 'mossie' were among its nicknames). Originally built as an unarmed fast bomber (production began in 1941, with an unarmed high-speed, high-altitude photo-reconnaissance aircraft), the Mosquito was adapted to many roles: low to medium-altitude daylight bomber, high-altitude night bomber, pathfinder, day or night fighter, fighter-bomber, intruder, maritime strike aircraft and fast photo-reconnaissance aircraft. It was even used by the British Overseas Airways Corporation as a fast transport to carry small high-value cargoes through enemy-controlled airspace (the bomb bay could be adapted to carry a single passenger). One of its few weaknesses was that its wooden construction, so important for speed, made it vulnerable to anti-aircraft fire. As well as the RAF, the Mosquito was flown by the Royal Australian Air Force and survived into the 1950s, finally being replaced by the jet-powered Canberra.
This model represents the most-produced Mosquito variant FB Mk VI (Fighter-bomber Mark 6). It was powered by two Merlin Mk 23 or Mk 25 engines and typically armed with four Browning .303 machine guns and four 20 mm Hispano cannon and carried up to 2,000 pounds of bombs or eight RP-3 unguided rockets.
"Had to fend the kids off this one as they wanted to build it. A quite brilliant model from Cobi, showing the true beauty and craftmanship of an iconic ww2 fighter bomber." ~ David S.
"Great build by cobi once again. another piece of history to collect." ~ Chris
- Next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).