The Boeing CST-100 Starliner (Crew Space Transportation) crew capsule is a spacecraft design under construction by Boeing as its entry for NASA's Commercial Crew Development (CCDev) program. Its primary purpose is to transport crew to the International Space Station (ISS) and to private space stations such as the proposed Bigelow Aerospace Commercial Space Station.
Starliner is similar in concept to the Orion spacecraft being built for NASA by Lockheed Martin. The capsule has a diameter of 4.56 meters (15.0 ft), which is slightly larger than the Apollo command module and smaller than the Orion capsule. The Starliner is to support larger crews of up to seven people and is being designed to be able to remain on-orbit for up to seven months with reusability of up to ten missions. It is designed to be compatible with four launch vehicles: Atlas V, Delta IV, Falcon 9, and Vulcan, and the maiden flight will be launched with the Atlas V N22, from SLC-41 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida.
As of April 2019, the spacecraft is expected to conduct an automated test mission to the ISS in August 2019.
"Starliner built on Christmas day and only ordered a few days before. Communication with the brick tanks team lovely personal message on the receipt. My first cobi Boeing purchase and wont be my last." ~ Ian H (source: Bricktanks Facebook page)
- FREE next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).