DISCONTINUED BY COBI - THIS IS A RARE & MUCH SOUGHT AFTER SET.
- 2472 blocks
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Stand with name of ship
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions (inches): L:31.5”, W: 4.5”, H: 9.2”
The building of the German capital ships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau began naval rearmament after the Treaty of Versailles. Laid down in 1935, launched in late 1936, they were commissioned into the German fleet by early 1939. Armed with nine 11" SK C/34 guns in three triple turrets, the two ships often worked together in the Atlantic raiding British merchant shipping, they took part in the German invasion of Norway exchanging fire with HMS Renown and sinking the aircraft carrier HMS Glorious. In 1943, Scharnhorst joined the Tirpitz off Norway to harry Allied convoys to the Soviet Union. Whilst moving with several destroyers to attack a convoy, the group was attacked by British naval patrols and a force led by the Royal Navy battleship HMS Duke of York sank her.
"The model was excellent to build, with no difficulty in interpreting the instructions or getting pieces to fit. I was also surprised by the robustness of the model. Having seen images I was afraid the hull would be fragile and a strong gust might have her splitting. It is evident that this is not the case. All pieces were present in the box, which is always a welcomed sight." ~ George
- Next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).