- 2030 blocks
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Stand with name of ship
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions (length x width x height): 845mm x 120mm x 210mm
Completed in August 1940, Bismarck and her sister ship Tirpitz were the largest battleships ever built by Germany. The ship was active for only eight months and carried out one offensive operation, a raiding mission in the Atlantic in May 1941 accompanied by the cruiser Prinz Eugen. The two German ships were engaged by the Royal Navy off Scandinavia and during the ensuing Battle of the Denmark Strait HMS Hood was destroyed and HMS Prince of Wales forced to retire badly damaged. Bismarck, also damaged in the battle, was forced to head for German-occupied France for repairs. Whilst on her way there she was attacked about 300 miles west of Brest by 16 Swordfish torpedo bombers from HMS Ark Royal which rendered her steering gear inoperable before being finished off as a result of a sustained engagement with four Royal Navy ships (two battleships and two heavy cruisers). She eventually sank with heavy loss of life.
Read more about Bismarck on Wikipedia
- FREE next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).