- 920 bricks
- figure: USAAF pilot
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Stand with name of plane
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions: (length x width x height) 525mm x 660mm x 130mm
The B-17 Four-engined heavy bomber (or 'Flying Fortress') was developed in the 1930s by Boeing. Introduced in 1938, it became the third-most produced bomber of all time. It was a fast, high-flying, long-range bomber with heavy defensive armament and was used mainly on daytime sorties by USAAF over Germany and also complemented RAF Bomber Command's nighttime raids and helped secure air superiority over Western Europe in preparation for the Normandy landings in 1944. The B-17 dropped more bombs than any other U.S. aircraft in World War II and a handful of them are still airworthy to this day. 12,731 were produced between 1936 and 1945.
Restored and displayed since May 2018 at The National Museum of The USAF at Dayton Ohio, Memphis Belle (named after her original WW II pilot's girlfriend) was one of the first B-17 heavy bombers to complete 25 combat missions. After delivery in September 1942 to Bangor, Maine she reached her permanent base at RAF Bassingbourn on 14 October of that year from where many bombing raids were carried out over Germany and Europe.
"Great kit! A bit more challenging than smaller planes, but that was expected." ~ Robert B.
- FREE next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All Items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).