Sopwith F1 Camel - Lego compatible COBI 2975 - WWI 170 brick fighter aircaft
WHILE STOCKS LAST - THEN OUT OF PRODUCTION UNTIL OCTOBER
FREE next day UK delivery when ordered by 2pm
"A sturdy little model that will even withstand some play, unlike the earlier Lego version, which, although much bigger, was very fragile.
Highly recommended." ~ Mark C.
Single-seat fighter aircraft introduced in 1917 and withdrawn from service in 1920. Developed by the Sopwith Aviation Company to replace the earlier Pup, it became an iconic fighter aircraft of the First World War. Powered by a single rotary engine and armed with twin synchronized machine guns, the Camel was not easy to fly but, in the hands of an experienced pilot, highly manoeuverable. During the First World War, the aircraft excelled over other at doing its job with the shooting down of 1,294 enemy aircraft to its credit. It also proved very adaptable with variants built for operating from aircraft carriers, night fighter work and ground attacks on enemy trenches.
- 170 blocks
- 1 figure: RAF pilot (Capt. Arthur Roy Brown)
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Block with printed name of the plane
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions: (length x width x height) 190mm x 225mm x 105mm