AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER - DUE BACK IN STOCK JUNE.
- 550 blocks
- 2 figures:
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Stand with name of plane
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions: (length x width x height) TBA
Military transport aircraft used extensively by the allies during World War II remaining in service to this day*. The aircraft is a modification of the Douglas DC-3 commercial airliner with the addition of a cargo door, hoist attachment, strengthened floor, glider-towing shackles and an astrodome in the cabin roof. Over 10,000 were produced in the USA between March 1943 and August 1945.
The C-47, with it's versatility in the transport of troops and equipment, was vital to the success of World War II campaigns such as Guadalcanal and in the jungles of New Guinea and Burma and the Battle of the Bulge. One of it's main uses was the towing of gliders and the dropping of paratroops. In July 1943, 4,381 Allied paratroops were dropped during the invasion of Sicily and over 50,000 were dropped during the first few days of the D-Day invasion of Europe. Variants of the C-47 were used in the Vietnam War.
After World War II, thousands of surplus C-47s were converted to civil airline or private use and remained operational for decades.
*The British called the aircraft 'Dakota' and it's use by the RAF continued for many years after World War II.
“I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he loved it. The amount of detail in the Dakota is amazing.” ~ Sammy W.
- FREE next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).