DISCONTINUED BY COBI - THIS IS A RARE & MUCH SOUGHT AFTER SET.
Disclaimer:Will be well packaged, but if Cobi box is damaged by courier, we can not replace the box as this model is no longer in production.
Price Matching is not available for Rare & Discontinued sets.
- 240 blocks
- 1 figure: USAAF pilot
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Block stand with printed name of the plane
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions: (length x width x height) 275mm x 320mm x 95mm
When the United States entered World War II, this aircraft was one of USAFs principal fighters and manufacturer Bell's most successful product. It was an innovative aircraft with its engine in the centre fuselage behind the pilot and it was the first fighter fitted with a tricycle undercarriage but it did have the drawback of lacking an efficient turbo-supercharger which ruled it out of high-altitude work. It was most successful at the medium and low altitudes characteristic of air combat on the Eastern Front which led to its very successful use by the Soviet Air Force. It was also deployed by the Free French, RAF, USAAF and the Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force. 9,588 aircraft were produced between 1940 and 1944.
- Next working day UK delivery when ordered before 2pm Monday-Thursday.
- Orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be dispatched Friday afternoon and delivered on Monday.
- Orders placed after 2pm Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday will be dispatched on Monday and delivered on Tuesday.
- All items are well packaged.
- Tracking Number automatically provided by email when your item is dispatched.
- We also offer Worldwide shipping (import duties may be applied at destination).